London Underground will replace trains and signalling systems across the four ‘Deep Tube’ lines – the Piccadilly, Bakerloo, Central and Waterloo & City lines.
- 250 new Tube trains for the Piccadilly, Bakerloo, Central and Waterloo & City lines, with the first new trains serving the Piccadilly line from 2023
- More capacity with a faster, more frequent service
- More reliability as modern signalling systems will ensure fewer delays
- Walk-through carriages helping to ease extra demand at peak times
- Air-cooled carriages for a more comfortable journey Improved accessibility with step-free access at platform level